Application period now open for the WHO Model List of Essential In Vitro Diagnostics List 3rd Edition (2020).
The 3rd meeting of the WHO Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on In Vitro Diagnostics (SAGE IVD) will take place in Geneva, Switzerland from 23 - 27 March 2020 to consider applications seeking inclusion of IVD test categories on the 3rd edition of the WHO Model List of Essential In Vitro Diagnostics (EDL).
During their last meeting, the SAGE IVD recommended that the following test categories be added to the EDL in future editions, as a priority:
- additional tests for the diagnosis and management of noncommunicable diseases;
- a section on endocrinology;
- additional general IVDs, including for coagulation, platelet aggregation, bleeding time, whole blood clotting time and clot retraction time;
- tests for antimicrobial resistance;
- additional tests for the diagnosis and management of neglected tropical diseases; and
- additional tests for emergencies and outbreaks.
Other test categories may be considered for inclusion.
Deadline for submissions is 8 September 2019 .